I have been using AcdSee photosoftware for over 15 years now, and have found it a great piece of software to manage my growing collection of photos.
However, in the last few years they have lost the plot completely and are spamming their customerbase in an alarming tempo.
Almost daily (at least weekly) emails with encouragement to upgrade and spend more money with them, and also constant popups in Windows with the same message.
It has got to the point where I am actually considering removing their software alltogether as this is getting ridiculous.
Before going to that extreme, I have however done/tried the following:
1) Login to my online AcdSee account, and removed the tick for receiving promotions.
Simply go to http://www.acdsee.com and login there with your account
2) Remove/disable the annoying acdINtouch software:
To do this in Windows 10, simply do the following:
– Close ACDSee
– Open “Task Manager” by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc , goto "Startup" and disable all items withthe name “acdID Intouch2”
– In Windows explorer, navigate to ACDSee 17 application folder at “C:\Program Files (x86) \ACD Systems\ACDSee \17.0”
– Rename “acdIDInTouch2.exe” to a different name, e.g. “acdIDInTouch2.exe-disable”
– Restart ACDSee.
Hopefully this should have removed all these annoying AcdSee spam notifications and emails.